Odrcic Law Group, LLC

Humanitarian-Based Applications

Humanitarian Visa Application in Milwaukee

The firm assists individuals who have been victims of certain crimes or who have other
compelling reasons to be allowed to remain in the United States.

U Visas

A victim of a certain crime who cooperated with the police or prosecutor and suffered physical or emotional abuse may be eligible for a U visa. Not all crime victims may apply for a U visa. However, a U visa is a pathway for undocumented immigrants to obtain lawful status, and it is worth at least discussing the possibility.

In order for a person to apply for a U visa, the police department or district attorney’s office must sign a certification attesting that the crime victim cooperated. In some cases, even a judge may sign the U visa certification.

Military Parole In Place

Individuals who have a parent, spouse, or child in the U.S. military may request Military Parole In Place, which could serve as a basis to apply for adjustment of status to lawful permanent residence in the United States.

Deferred Action

In some cases, USCIS will grant what is called ‘deferred action’ for humanitarian reasons, such as a person who has a child or spouse with serious medical problems. Deferred action is not a pathway to permanent residence, but it can allow a person to obtain a work permit, social security card, and a driver’s license in Wisconsin.

Humanitarian-Based Applications


Follow Us